Controls and Automation Field Service Engineer
Cybernetik is a global automation company with more than 33 years of experience in providing automated systems to clients around the world. A new office is being created in the Charleston, SC area to better serve the North American market. We are looking for an electrical/mechanical field service technician that will have 50%-75% travel to client sites and assist with demos in support of technical sales group when not at a client site. Qualified candidates need knowledge of PLC programming, Allen Bradley and Siemens, robotic experience with packaging and material handling systems. Strong customer service and ability to travel domestically and internationally are also requirements.
Job Title: Controls and Automation Field Service Engineer
Location: Possible Remote – US Office in Charleston, SC
Qualification: Associates Degree or Higher
Experience: 3-5 Years
Employment Type: Permanent
Work Hours: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Field Service
- Automation Tester
- MS Office, ERP, PLC, HMI Software, SCADA Software
Job Description: Role and Responsibilities:
- Knowledge of electrical and electronic components.
- Able to prepare programming structure / flow chart / interlock sheet / SCADA HMI structure.
- Ability to work in the field at job sites for erection and commissioning supervision.
- Knowledge and hands on experience of PLC / HMI / SCADA / VFD development, programming, and troubleshooting.
- Familiarity with robots for packaging and material handling systems.
- Customer relationships building.
- Experience installing and servicing existing systems.
- Ability to travel to India for training and FAT demonstrations.
- Ability to travel to Europe to support new and installed systems.
- Experience with Allen Bradley and Siemens PLC’s.
- Team player.
- Desire to learn and grow as needed to support the growth of the company.
- Ability to interface with contractors on site to achieve installation and start-up goals of the customer.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Read and understand mechanical and electrical blueprints and control diagrams.
- Proactively collaborate with internal teams/departments to promote a culture of inclusiveness and cooperation.
- Work well with cross cultural teams from US and India.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.